Scout GPS Tracker reviews & Buying Guide 2020
Securing your valuable properties has been made simple as a result of the advancement in technology. You don’t need to lose sleep all in the name of keeping close eyes on your devices.
With A GPS tracking device, you can be rest assured that your belongings are completely secure as you will get a real-time notification of where you can find them.
In fact, with a GPS tracker, you won’t just get a notification of your device’s whereabouts, but also have the opportunity to know who is actually responsible for their disappearance.
That sounds great right? Obviously, it’s a good deal to install a GPS tracker on all your important and expensive tools. But here’s where the problem lies — how do you know the best Tracker to go for?
There are lots of GPS tracking companies in the world today. Some are known for their quality products while others produce counterfeit devices that won’t stand the test of time.
Interestingly, you have nothing to worry about because we’ve taken a bold step by going into the market to compare and contrast some of the GPS Trackers out their in the market.
Our mission eventually produced a good result as we were able to lay our hands on one of the reliable GPS trackers you would ever come across and that’s no other than the Scout GPS Tracker.
What’s all about Scout GPS Tracker? Why are we recommending it? What are the negative side of the product? All of these questions will be answered in this post as we are determined to help you get a product that worths its price tag. So, let’s kickstart our adventurous journey!
- 1 What’s All About Scout GPS Tracker
- 2 Scout GPS Tracker Features
- 2.1 1. Versatility
- 2.2 2. Easy installation
- 2.3 3. It Works From Anywhere In The World
- 2.4 4. Awesome Live-chat Platform
- 2.5 5. It Provides Movement Alert In Real Time
- 2.6 6. It Is Portable and can function with almost everything
- 2.7 7. Awesome Batterylife
- 2.8 Pros
- 2.9 Cons
- 2.10 You Should Also Check Out
- 2.11 Related
What’s All About Scout GPS Tracker
If you have been in the GPS Tracking System Industry for long, I’m sure Scout Tracker won’t be a new device to you because of its popularity.
Don’t be gutted if you haven’t heard of the product due to the fact that you are not conversant with many tracking devices in the world. Talking of Scout GPS Tracker, it is one of the oldest trackers in the world as it has been in existence for many decades.
The most intriguing part of this awesome tracker is that it is the first tracking device to support the use of GPS features, Bluetooth, accelerometer, vibration sensing and Cellular simultaneously.
Its versatility is second to none as it functions effectively on all kinds of motorcycle, Boats, Drones, ATV and some sophisticated modern-day cars.
Scout GPS Tracker Features
Apart from the fact that the Scout GPS tracker is made with quality components, there are other reasons why we believe this device is most suitable for you. These reasons include the following:
Scout tracker is one of the most versatile trackers you can ever come across in the market. This tool isn’t only used as a tracker, but can equally be deployed as a speed detector which helps you to know the exact amount of kilometer you cover in a minute. It also helps you keep the record of the places you recently visited.
2. Easy installation
The Scout GPS tracker is so easy to install that it requires just 10 minutes. Though it is advisable you hire the service of a professional installer, You can equally decide to explore the its DIY features.
All you need do is follow the easy step-by-step installation processes explained in its manual and you won’t have any problem installing it on your vehicle or any device you wish to secure.
3. It Works From Anywhere In The World
Scout Tracker knows no bound as it works from anywhere in the world, thanks to the use of sophisticated antenna and GPS chip technology. This means you are guaranteed to get real-time notification via the Scout App that is installed on your smartphone irrespective of your location.
You can be staying in Sao Paolo ( Brazil) and you will get constant and real-time notifications of your vehicle’s whereabout even if it has been taken to Liverpool (England).
4. Awesome Live-chat Platform
Is there any problem you would love to share with the Scout team of engineers? Or do you have other information you would love to get directly from the Scout team? You can get in touch with them in less than two minutes.
Scout’s US-based team of experts are readily available to provide answers to all your questions. Just explore their Livechat platform available in their app or you put a call through to them. You can also contact them through their official email address — that’s one of the company’s amazing way of getting close to their customers.
5. It Provides Movement Alert In Real Time
The presence of vibration sensor allows Scout GPS tracker to alert you once there is slight touch on your vehicle. It further ensures that your attention is called to the fact that your vehicle has changed the position you placed it.
Just as we have it in one of the features above (number 3), the tracker will send a quick message to you via the tracker app on your phone, thereby causing your smartphone to give a warning sound as a way of notifying you.
That’s not all, it also provides you the chance to see the live direction in which your vehicle is heading to if it is being taken away by thieves.
6. It Is Portable and can function with almost everything
Scout GPS Tracker is so portable in size that it can be fixed in any device without being noticed by intruders. The very tiny GPS tracker doesn’t increase the weight of your vehicle, hence there’s no need to worry if it might affect vehicle’s speed or overall efficiency.
7. Awesome Batterylife
This GPS tracker is equally known for its awesome batterylife that will remain at 100% throughout its lifetime. Yes, you heard it right! Its battery will remain intact as long as it is connected to a power source through its adapter. It automatically switches to sleep mode whenever it’s not in use as part of its battery-saving strategies.
- Water Resistivity which means it won’t get damaged if water mistakenly get into it. In fact, it works with boat and other water-related traveling equipments.
- Lifetime Warranty: Your Scout GPS tracker will be repaired — at any time — for free by the scout engineers as long as no obvious part is damaged.
- It is Sharable: One Scout can be connected to many phones or computer system. What this means is that you can view or monitor one scout via more than two phones that consist of an installed Scout app. This is made possible via the app’s ‘group ride’ feature.
- Customization Is Allowed (Geofence): You can create a blacklist of places you don’t want the Scout tracker to visit. Be rest assured to get an emergency alert through your tracking device once your vehicle get to restricted locations.
- Its monthly service charge is relatively cheap compared other GPS trackers
- Possession of USB cable, Hardwire kit among other interested packages.
Despite its lovely features above, SCOUT still has some shortcomings that must be unveiled. They include:
- Lack of SOS button which makes it unsuitable for family as their won’t be any key to press whenever family member, especially kids, find themselves in danger.
- It only functions in an area where there is a good network (Cellular) service
- Automatic switch to sleep mode sometimes lead to ineffective performance as it affects the product’s connectivity rate.